The Saturdays singer Rochelle Humes has become a first-time mother after giving birth to a baby daughter. The 24-year-old welcomed a baby daughter, her first child with fellow British pop star Marvin Humes of boyband JLS, reports contactmusiccom. Proud dad Marvin took to Twitter to share the happy news. "This morning we welcomed our baby girl Alaia-Mai Humes. Mum is doing great and baby is ...
Zach Sobiech, an 18-year-old whose battle with cancer became a global story, has died. The Minnesota native became famous when his song "Clouds,rdquo; which is about facing death, became a viral sensation on YouTube, topping 3 million views. The song was originally released in December of last year. The video was so popular that a group of celebrities were inspired to create a ...
Singer Britney Spears is facing criticism for allowing her 6-year-old son Jayden to play with a large toy gun. A not-for-profit gun-control group is outraged after Jayden was photographed aggressively pointing the toy weapon at people during the family's stay at the Four Seasons hotel in Westlake Village, California May 4, reports contactmusic.com. "As parents, it is our responsibility to set ...
Singer Leona Lewis says she would prefer to adopt a child in future rather than having any of her own. "I will definitely adopt children. I'm not sure if I want my own," The Times newspaper quoted Lewis as saying. The 28-year-old, who rose to fame after winning the third season of "The X Factor" in 2006, credits her mother Maria for giving her a sense of independence, reports ...
Miley Cyrus and Paris Hilton have for the second time fallen victim to swatting pranks after police rushed to their Hollywood homes on false reports about gun crimes. Cyrus was not present at her home on Friday night when the police searched her house to investigate allegations that shots had been fired from inside the premises, Contactmusic reported. The authorities soon discovered that the ...
80.2°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the South at 4.0 MPH Gusting to 11.0 MPH
So, Im dead, is the opening line of voice-over narration in the neo-noir crime twister Confidence. It is spoken by a slick con artist named Jake Vig (Edward Burns) who is lying in a pool of his own blood. Its a catchy opening, but dead narrators are nothing new, and that essentially sums up everything about the film itself: catchy, but not quite catchy enough to cover over the fact that we ... ...
Hollywood actor Bradley Cooper is reportedly taking cooking lessons from well-known Scottish chef Gordon Ramsay to prepare for his role in director John Wells's "Chef". Cooper is playing a cook named Adam Jones, who destroys his career with drugs before getting clean and trying to open a restaurant that can gain three Michelin stars. Ramsay, who also hosts TV cookery shows, was the first ...
Choreographer Wade Robson, who has accused Michael Jackson of molesting him when he was a child, now has his story backed up by the singers' maid. Blanca Francia, 57, has claimed that she walked in on Jackson when he was taking a shower with Robson - and is willing to say so in the court battle launched by Wade, the Mirror reported. Francia, whose son Jason insists that he too was molested by ...
A black Labrador retriever has taken a liking to Adele's cover of Bob Dylan's 'Make You Feel Me Love' and howls along whenever the song is played. A video uploaded to YouTube last Wednesday has already been viewed more than 2.2 million times. His owner Wes Reiff, of Windsor, Colorado, wrote that he has sang this song to the dog since he was a pup, asserting that his response to the track is ...
Hollywood actress Jennifer Lawrence and her brother Blaine Lawrence are reportedly being stalked by a Canadian named Han Cong Zhao. Han, 23, was said to be remanded on bail after Judge Annette Karem at Kentucky court here heard he sent Blaine 200 messages and a threatening voicemail. "You got me really upset, when I am upset, wait and see what happens," thesun.co.uk quoted Han as ...
Yahoo Board has reportedly approved a telephonic deal with New York-based social blogging site Tumblr to acquire the blogging site for 1.1 billion dollars in cash, although Tumblr will function independently despite the Internet icon investing in the company. While Yahoo has approved the deal, Tumblr's board has not made it clear whether the company has approved the deal, Fox News ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Strand Palace
I've stayed at this central London hotel many times, so was comfortable in telephoning direct for a reservation. It was ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Baton Rouge PostBaton Rouge Post – Covers Local Baton Rouge News & Louisiana
The Baton Rouge Post is essentially a local Baton Rouge newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baton Rouge, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baton Rouge Post.
Gunmen fired shots during an informal Mother's Day afternoon parade in New Orleans in Louisiana state injuring 19 people, two of them children, according to police.
The wounded in Sunday afternoon's shooting in the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana, governed by Indian-American Bobby Jindal, included 10 men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10.
Local Nola.com citing police said both the 10-year-old victims had graze wounds to the body and were in good condition. A man and a woman were reported to be in surgery Sunday evening.
Immediately after the shooting on Frenchmen Street police reported seeing three suspects running from the scene.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the three gunmen likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, Serpas said.
Many of the victims were grazed, some by bullets that ricocheted. "At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life-threatening," Nola.com cited spokesperson Remi Braden as saying in an email.
"But all medical conditions are not known at this time as victims were rushed to nearby hospitals," Braden said. ...
- Did New Orleans exploit the Dalai Lama
- Maine Street near Jefferson Highway
- Louisiana revokes companys explosives license
- Broadmoor residents discuss crime camera initiative
- Audit finds workers stole for Jefferson Parish schools
- BCCI probe chief assures Delhi Police of all cooperation in investigations
- AFC Asian Cup India women ready for Myanmar challenge
- Indian womens football team gears up for AFC qualifiers
- PL Footballer Gary Nevilles father charged with sexual assault
- Becks facing adjustment issues post-retirement
- US Sees Climate of Intolerance on Global Religious Freedom
- Burmese Presidents White House Visit a Reward for Reforms
- President Obama To Visit Senegal South Africa Tanzania
- Ahead of strategic dialogue US official goes to India
- Chinese hackers resume cyber attacks on U.S. companies government agencies
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Musharraf gets bail in Bhutto case but will stay in detention
- Akon ordered to pay child support
- Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green to return as Voice judges for Season 5
- Govt. considering law to curb spot match fixing Sibal
- OFFSTAGE Hunter Hayes Goated by Carrie Underwood
- Orange County Choppers Returns to TV in New CMT Series
- American Idol’s Kree Harrison to Make Grand Ole Opry Debut June 4
- GAC Album Review Darius Rucker’s True Believers
- Music Review Sonia Leigh - 1978 December
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baton Rouge Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Suspect shot twice after knocking deputy to the ground additional drug battery charges
- Bill creating a state collections department moves forward
- Casinos win $35.8M less in April than in March
- Coming up tonight at 10 Scotlandville sewer situation
- Celebration turns to tragedy Father describes moments before after crash on Perkins