A few months ago, word spread that the twins, Cameron and Tyler, had set up their own investment firm and decided to focus on a curious market niche: ...
(Credit: Hewlett-Packard) Hewlett-Packard rolled out another Android device this week. This could become a pattern as PC makers hedge against a world that's less about Microsoft and more about Google. On Tuesday, the largest PC maker in the world -- a dubious distinction these days ...
MacConnection , stock has vanished for the popular 13.3-inch Air with a 1.8GHz processor and 256GB solid-state drive. That said, Best Buy has stock, but it's the "only reseller on ...
A 15-year-old in Las Vegas dies after the passenger in a car allegedly tries to steal his iPad as he walks down the street. Police say the teen wouldn't let go of his iPad and was run ...
commentary What mind-blowing breakthrough will result from the advent of Google's high-tech specs? Maybe redesigned men's rooms? CNET's Danny Sullivan considers the topic, and shares his stream of ...
I imagine that viewers will likely be split by the transparency with which Robert Redfords The Conspirator, a handsomely mounted dramatization of the trial of Mary Surratt, who was accused of conspiring to assassinate President Abraham Lincoln in 1865, comments on the politica ... ...
Taunting the police on Facebook has limited benefits -- as one wanted man in the U.K. discovers when it takes police just 12 hours to catch up with him. They leave him a taunting message on Facebook in ...
(Credit: Screenshot by Eric Mack/CNET) Watch out for that stair carand any of the other numerous running jokes from resurrected cult hit ...
App maker KS Mobile insists that its Clean Master can help all those who are concerned that their spontaneous naked Snapchat snaps might linger in some technological depths. At least it can help users on ...
FREMONT, Calif. -; In a busy factory, machinists move sheets of aluminum roll in the back door to be molded, stamped, twisted and notched into high-tech electric cars that sell for more than $60,000 ...
(Credit: Stephen Shankland/CNET) SAN FRANCISCO -- Google Translate provides a billion translations a day for 200 million users, the company revealed here Friday at ...
They said it
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Sweet Home Hotel
It is not often we review a hotel of this size, or of this budget range, so it was a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Baton Rouge PostBaton Rouge Post – Covers Local Baton Rouge News & Louisiana
The Baton Rouge Post is essentially a local Baton Rouge newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baton Rouge, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baton Rouge Post.
Gunmen fired shots during an informal Mother's Day afternoon parade in New Orleans in Louisiana state injuring 19 people, two of them children, according to police.
The wounded in Sunday afternoon's shooting in the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana, governed by Indian-American Bobby Jindal, included 10 men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10.
Local Nola.com citing police said both the 10-year-old victims had graze wounds to the body and were in good condition. A man and a woman were reported to be in surgery Sunday evening.
Immediately after the shooting on Frenchmen Street police reported seeing three suspects running from the scene.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the three gunmen likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, Serpas said.
Many of the victims were grazed, some by bullets that ricocheted. "At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life-threatening," Nola.com cited spokesperson Remi Braden as saying in an email.
"But all medical conditions are not known at this time as victims were rushed to nearby hospitals," Braden said. ...
- Players hopeful luck strikes twice at West Mestairie store
- Powerball mania Jackpot hits $600 million
- Citizens worry over new FEMA Flood Maps
- Canadian Press NewsAlert Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Concerned Citizens’ rally to recall Coroner Dr. Peter Galvan
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- Cricket Australia investigating Warners twitter rant
- Spot-fixing row N.Srinivasan calls the spot-fixers as dirty cricketers
- Proteas icon Ntini not planning to retire despite cut from first class Warriors
- Campbell-Brown leads Caribbean contingent in Diamond League
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- US president calls for more embassy security funding
- Dzhokhar Tsarnaev scribbled note in boat as munhunt was on
- Obama Turns Focus on Middle-Class Jobs
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- Afghan Lawmakers Block Womens Rights Law
- Pak judge appeals for online submissions from Indian nationals on Sarabjit case
- CBI to move Supreme Court next week to seek removal of tainted officer LeadCBI
- Supreme Court says will not interfere in functioning of GoM on CBI autonomy
- Former Bihar MP Pappu Yadav acquitted in Sarkar murder case
- Taylor Swifts fan arrested for trespassing
- X Factors Tate Stevens Faced Avalanche of Success
- Performers Announced for CMT Music Awards
- Dixie Chicks Singer Doesnt Like Country Music Recap
- Lady Antebellums Golden Cops Top Album Niche
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baton Rouge Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Louisiana State Police Colonel Edmonson receives national award
- EBR Chamber of Commerce holds gun safety course
- Off-duty Lafayette police officer killed in Iberville crash
- Open house begins for St. Jude Dreamhome
- Got THE ticket for tonights big Powerball drawing