FEDERAL WAY — Even Brandon Madsen had to marvel. This wasn't just another goal for the Jefferson High School junior, who has 18 this season. It was almost magical, hitting the back of the net with less than five minutes to play and lifting the unbeaten Raiders to a 1-0 victory over Inglemoor on Saturday in the quarterfinals of the Class 4A state boys soccer tournament at Federal Way ...
(Reuters) - One winning ticket for a record U.S. Powerball lottery jackpot worth $590.5 million was sold in Florida, organizers said late on ...
CNN - The winning numbers for the largest multistate Powerball jackpot are: 22, 10,13,14, 52 and the Powerball number is 11. Saturday's jackpot is a record $600 million. It marks the largest in Powerball history, surpassing a $587.6 million jackpot split by winners in Arizona and Missouri in November. The jackpot has a cash value of $376.9 million. The largest lottery jackpot in U.S. ...
But that's what happened. The driver, a young woman described by authorities as being in her late teens or early 20s, survived. In fact, she was able to get out of the mangled Saturn on her own, with minor injuries -- largely because she was wearing a seat ...
It's all a game of odds. Some people play just for a chance at winning. Others rely on their own system of numbers and rituals to cash in on their luck. One Metairie store saw huge crowds because of it's past brush with luck. "It went from $500 million to $600 million, so that's really making them come in more," said Briana Moran, a store clerk at the West Metaire Shell ...
Winds: From the South at 3.0 MPH Gusting to 8.0 MPH
Nicholas Cage bought the rights to Eric Garcias novel Matchstick Men before it was even published, and its not hard to see why. The protagonist, a veteran con man with a laundry list of obsessive-compulsive psychological tics, is tailor-made for the quirky actor. Cage has always excelled at playing characters on the teetering edge of something, whether it be Raising Arizonas stresse ... ...
That's all it took for Mammie Hicks to plunk down money at a Riverside, Mo., convenience store for a chance at Saturday's record $600 million multistate Powerball ...
"Despite never having flooded before, building to specifications that FEMA gave us and even our own levees to further protect us FEMA has now decided we're a flood hazard area," said Robert ...
Lisa Scotti, of Baltimore, reads hhere program before the sixth race at Pimlico Race Course, Saturday, May 18, 2013, in Baltimore. The 138th Preakness Stakes horse race takes place Saturday. (AP Photo/Mike ...
The St. Tammany Parish coroner has gone to court in an attempt to quash a subpoena from the Office of the Louisiana Legislative Auditor and faces a looming deadline to comply with a second subpoena -- this one from the Office of the Louisiana Attorney General -- WDSU has ...
FILE - In this Aug. 29, 2011 file photo, a member of the Big 9 marching club plays trumpet in a second line commemorating the sixth anniversary of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. New Orleans officials and cultural advocates say the Mother’s Day parade shootings that left 20 people injured won’t spell the end of second-line parades, the local tradition that celebrates the city and ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Sweet Home Hotel
It is not often we review a hotel of this size, or of this budget range, so it was a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Baton Rouge PostBaton Rouge Post – Covers Local Baton Rouge News & Louisiana
The Baton Rouge Post is essentially a local Baton Rouge newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baton Rouge, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baton Rouge Post.
Gunmen fired shots during an informal Mother's Day afternoon parade in New Orleans in Louisiana state injuring 19 people, two of them children, according to police.
The wounded in Sunday afternoon's shooting in the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana, governed by Indian-American Bobby Jindal, included 10 men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10.
Local Nola.com citing police said both the 10-year-old victims had graze wounds to the body and were in good condition. A man and a woman were reported to be in surgery Sunday evening.
Immediately after the shooting on Frenchmen Street police reported seeing three suspects running from the scene.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the three gunmen likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, Serpas said.
Many of the victims were grazed, some by bullets that ricocheted. "At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life-threatening," Nola.com cited spokesperson Remi Braden as saying in an email.
"But all medical conditions are not known at this time as victims were rushed to nearby hospitals," Braden said. ...
- Jefferson breaks through to semifinals with 1-0 win over Inglemoor | 4A Boys Soccer
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida
- Winning numbers for largest Powerball jackpot are ...
- Woman survives I-59 car crash
- Players hopeful luck strikes twice at West Mestairie store
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- Rousseff opens Brasilia World Cup stadium
- Jessica Ennis ties the knot with fiance
- Warner may face strict CA action for Twitter outburst
- Weepy Becks ends glittering career with PSG win
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- McDowell defends slip about McIlroys leaving Nike deal agency
- Sarabjit death probe Pakistani official may visit India
- Legislation necessary to curb religious discrimination ensure minority rights in Pak
- Mel C daughters second choice Jessie J comes first
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Russia reviews adoption law over French gay marriage
- Taylor Swifts fan arrested for trespassing
- Tim McGraws Saturday night concert full of surprises
- X Factors Tate Stevens Faced Avalanche of Success
- Performers Announced for CMT Music Awards
- Dixie Chicks Singer Doesnt Like Country Music Recap
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baton Rouge Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- LSU Softball advances through losers bracket
- EBRSO investigates shooting at a BREC park
- Ole Miss wins Game 3 of series over LSU 11-9
- Man pleads for help on hood of truck in Baton Rouge
- Winning numbers for largest Powerball jackpot are ...