An advanced digital breast cancer detecting machine with the capability to see the lesions in breasts with much more clarity than ever before was unveiled in the national capital Sunday. The mammography machine 'Amulet' by Fuji films is claimed to be India's first low dose resolution system. Speaking at the launch, Bharatiya Janata Party leader Sushma Swaraj said: "Every woman should be aware ...
A study featuring a new colonoscope that allows doctors to see more of the colon shows promise that could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening. Researchers compared both the adenoma miss rate using the new colonoscope with the miss rate of a traditional colonoscope. The miss rate for the new colonoscope was only 7.6 percent as compared to 41.7 percent for the traditional colonoscope, in ...
Angelina Jolie, who recently got a double mastectomy and wants to get her ovaries removed next, is all set to portray the role of her own mother, Marcheline Bertrand, who died of ovarian cancer in 2007, in a new biopic. The biopic celebrating Bertrand's life will go into production in 2014 under Brad Pitt's company 'Plan B', the Daily Express reported. The 'Salt' star's mother was involved in ...
Fair skinned people are known to be at higher risk for skin cancer and other problems associated with too much exposure to the sun, but experts say people of color also are vulnerable to the harmful effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays emitted by the sun and indoor tanning beds. Darker skin has more pigment-making cells, which provide some inherent protection against UV rays, but not enough, said ...
genetic tests be shared with patients. Incidental findings are unexpected results, unrelated to the reason for testing. What to do with these findings has been a controversial issue for adults ...
Winds: From the South at 7.0 MPH Gusting to 15.0 MPH
George Washington [DVD]
In his debut feature, George Washington, 24-year-old Texas-born writer/director David Gordon Green captures the nuanced rhythm and flow of life in a rural Southern town in a postindustrial age. Starring a cast of unknown actors who are mostly under the age of 15, Green creates a low-key drama about how these kids live their lives almost completely cut off from adult supervision. ...
A PROSTATE cancer trial that showed how cancer recurrence could be reduced by almost two-thirds is one success story of a Calvary Mater-based clinical trial ...
A Scottish breast cancer charity has called for the same genetic testing criteria to be in place north and south of the border. From next month a greater number of women in England and Wales will be offered a BRCA gene test. This was the test which Angelina Jolie took before having a double mastectomy. The Scottish Genetics Consortium has yet to decide whether to do the same. Breakthrough ...
All Hands on Deck, a boat run benefiting the American Cancer Society, will be held at 10:40 a.m. Saturday at Lake Tyler Petroleum Club, organizers announced.Registration begins at 9:30 a.m. The fee to enter is ...
Redmond Republican Andy Hill, the state Senate’s chief budget writer, learned a hard-won lesson when advanced lung cancer threatened his life four years ago. "The illness taught me not to sweat the small stuff," he ...
Breast cancer survivors dressed in pink walked across Boston yesterday, the start of a two-day event to raise funds for cancer research.Thousands of participants - survivors, friends and family members - flooded city streets to support the cause.The 39.3-mile walk kicked off at the University of Massachusetts Boston early yesterday and will finish there this afternoon.A moment of silence was ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Merve Griffin's Beverly Hilton Hotel
As I approached this grand old hotel on famous Wilshire Boulevarrd, just off Santa Monica Boulevard I couldn't help thinking ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Baton Rouge PostBaton Rouge Post – Covers Local Baton Rouge News & Louisiana
The Baton Rouge Post is essentially a local Baton Rouge newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baton Rouge, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baton Rouge Post.
Gunmen fired shots during an informal Mother's Day afternoon parade in New Orleans in Louisiana state injuring 19 people, two of them children, according to police.
The wounded in Sunday afternoon's shooting in the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana, governed by Indian-American Bobby Jindal, included 10 men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10.
Local Nola.com citing police said both the 10-year-old victims had graze wounds to the body and were in good condition. A man and a woman were reported to be in surgery Sunday evening.
Immediately after the shooting on Frenchmen Street police reported seeing three suspects running from the scene.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the three gunmen likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, Serpas said.
Many of the victims were grazed, some by bullets that ricocheted. "At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life-threatening," Nola.com cited spokesperson Remi Braden as saying in an email.
"But all medical conditions are not known at this time as victims were rushed to nearby hospitals," Braden said. ...
- Report N. Korea fires fourth missile
- Jefferson breaks through to semifinals with 1-0 win over Inglemoor | 4A Boys Soccer
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball jackpot sold in Florida
- Winning numbers for largest Powerball jackpot are ...
- Woman survives I-59 car crash
- Shivanand Tiwari terms cricket as a tradeUpdate Spot-fixing
- Rajiv Shukla says strict action will be taken if players are found guilty
- Warner reported for beaching Code of Behaviour
- Has Ian Thorpe moved in with James Middleton
- Did The Oprah Winfrey Show make O.J. Simpson snap
- Sarah Michelle Gellar shares best parenting advice
- NY bar to host smallest penis contest
- Suspected U.S. drone attack in Yemen kills 4 Al Qaeda militants
- I want to shoot Hillary Clinton right in the vagina says radio host
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
- Virginia hikers hit by runaway car
- Israel concerned Russian arms will reach enemies
- Syrian bomb disposal experts on high alert
- Iranian spies die in dawn hanging
- Texas takes on large oil firms
- Shoplifting arrest was best thing says Winona Ryder
- Sarabjit death probe Pakistani official may visit India
- Legislation necessary to curb religious discrimination ensure minority rights in Pak
- Mel C daughters second choice Jessie J comes first
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Tim McGraws Saturday night concert full of surprises
- X Factors Tate Stevens Faced Avalanche of Success
- Performers Announced for CMT Music Awards
- Dixie Chicks Singer Doesnt Like Country Music Recap
- Lady Antebellums Golden Cops Top Album Niche
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baton Rouge Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ministry drops plan for Denham Springs site
- 8-year-old accidentally shot by older brother
- Meteorite explosions on moon caught on NASA camera
- EBR Library announces June programs for teens
- Man shot in potential hate crime