MANSFIELD, La. (AP) -- DeSoto Parish School Board members will hold a special meeting to discuss its desegregation order where it relates to proposed school construction and enforcement of Mansfield school attendance ...
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- A federal judge has dismissed former St. Bernard Parish President Craig Taffaro's defamation lawsuit against current Parish President Dave Peralta and several other parish ...
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Bobcats owner Michael Jordan is changing his team's name to the Hornets, said a person familiar with the situation.The person said Jordan will detail the timetable for the change to be completed at a press conference the Bobcats have scheduled for Tuesday. The person spoke to The Associated Press Monday on condition of anonymity because the name change has not ...
MONROE, La. (AP) -- Reductions in the number of employees, possible school closures and cuts to services including food and transportation are all possibilities as Monroe City Schools superintendent-elect Brent Vidrine takes the helm of the district on June ...
HAMMOND, La. (AP) -- The proposal to expand Hammond Eastside Middle School to eighth grade will be discussed in federal court May 29 in New ...
Winds: From the SSE at 6.0 MPH Gusting to 12.0 MPH
During the first 30 minutes of "The Matrix," a new high-octane, Hong Kong-influenced sci-fi thriller from Andy and Larry Wachowski, you will most likely have no idea what is going on. In fact, it doesn't make a lick of sense. The Wachowski Brothers, who both wrote and directed this sophomore effor ... ...
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) -- The Lafayette City-Parish Council is expected to consider a 30-day amnesty period for motorists who are late paying red-light camera fines, and to consider splitting late fees with contractor Redflex if the company shares the cost of collecting overdue ...
Charlotte Hornets players Jamal Mashburn, center, Rodney Buford, right, and Tim James, left, hold their new jerseys up during a news conference in Charlotte, N.C., Thursday, Aug. 3, ...
RAYNE, La. (AP) -- An 18-year-old Eunice man was shot and later died after he and two others were attacked in the small Acadia Parish community of Branch north of ...
ST. FRANCISVILLE, La. (AP) -- The West Feliciana Parish Police Jury has table an attempt to call an Oct. 19 election to possibly repeal the home-rule charter voters approved by a 337-vote margin on Nov. ...
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP) -- A 40-year-old New Iberia woman has been sentenced to 26 months in prison in a tax refund scheme that netted $77,349 that the woman used for gambling ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Baton Rouge PostBaton Rouge Post – Covers Local Baton Rouge News & Louisiana
The Baton Rouge Post is essentially a local Baton Rouge newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baton Rouge, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baton Rouge Post.
Gunmen fired shots during an informal Mother's Day afternoon parade in New Orleans in Louisiana state injuring 19 people, two of them children, according to police.
The wounded in Sunday afternoon's shooting in the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana, governed by Indian-American Bobby Jindal, included 10 men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10.
Local Nola.com citing police said both the 10-year-old victims had graze wounds to the body and were in good condition. A man and a woman were reported to be in surgery Sunday evening.
Immediately after the shooting on Frenchmen Street police reported seeing three suspects running from the scene.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the three gunmen likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, Serpas said.
Many of the victims were grazed, some by bullets that ricocheted. "At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life-threatening," Nola.com cited spokesperson Remi Braden as saying in an email.
"But all medical conditions are not known at this time as victims were rushed to nearby hospitals," Braden said. ...
- Okla. tornado death toll revised down to at least 24
- Okla. Medical examiner expects more bodies
- Jefferson City doctor who received emergency suspension allowed back in medicine
- Help The Victims Of The Oklahoma Tornadoes
- Delgado baseball team avoids Oklahoma tornado
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- 2018 World Cup infrastructure inadequate
- China to host maiden Royal Trophy golf meet
- Hyundai Motor commences Trophy Tour for ICC Champions Trophy 2013
- Sven-Goran Eriksson to reveal sexy secrets in tell-all book
- US halts JPY slide while NYSE suffer Flash-Bang-Wallop
- NYSE Euronext to reinforce the role of the capital markets as a financing source for Portuguese companies
- Stocks Focus on Apple Carnival and JPMorgan
- Carnival flounders after profit warning
- Dow Set to Open Flat After Home Depot Beats the Street
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- US senators approve immigration changes requiring fingerprint system at 30 airports
- Obama admin to hand over some CIA drone operations to Pentagon
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Delhi HC judge releases Hindi version of book on Legal Language Legal Vocabulary and Legal Writing at Amity
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Khloe Kardashians clothing line yanks t-shirt for violating copyright law
- Spot fixing Supreme Court refuses to ban IPL matches
- Rising Country Music Star Alex Hall Pays Tribute to Military with Debut Song and Lyric Video
- Country star Toby Keith Tornado-ravaged Oklahoma hometown is strong and will persevere
- Darius Rucker Promotes New Album With Web Chat TV Appearances
- OFFSTAGE Tim McGraw on the Mississippi in Faith Hill
- Fresno Historic Commission vote on Bob Wills house may lead to council battle
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baton Rouge Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 10-year-old dies when unlicensed driver crashes car
- News 2 Investigates Accident payouts $5 million
- $1 million ticket sold in Baton Rouge
- Volunteers need to help keep Baton Rouge beautiful
- Crash involving unlicensed teen driver leaves 10-year-old dead