Coursey Blvd. BATON ROUGE, La. - A man pleaded for help after jumping on the hood of a moving truck on Coursey Blvd. after his sign was picked up, according to Baton Rouge Police Cpl. Tommy Stubbs. Stubbs says the man was on Coursey selling shrimp when another man driving a pickup truck pulled over and picked up his sign. When the man in the truck went to pull off with the sign, the man ...
CNN - The winning numbers for the largest multistate Powerball jackpot are: 22, 10,13,14, 52 and the Powerball number is 11. Saturday's jackpot is a record $600 million. It marks the largest in Powerball history, surpassing a $587.6 million jackpot split by winners in Arizona and Missouri in November. The jackpot has a cash value of $376.9 million. The largest lottery jackpot in U.S. ...
At the corner of Plank Rd. and Scenic Highway sits a Chevron gas station. It's off I-110 near Memorial Stadium. Around 10 p.m.Sunday, a family stopped here to get gas. "Upon our arrival, we located ...
Police are investigating two fatal shootings that left a 37-year-old man dead in Central City and a 20 -year-old man dead in the Florida area. At approximately 12:21 a.m., officers responded to a ...
According to WWL-TV in New Orleans, a seventh person has been arrested in connection with the shooting at a Mother's Day second line celebration that injured 19 ...
I imagine that viewers will likely be split by the transparency with which Robert Redfords The Conspirator, a handsomely mounted dramatization of the trial of Mary Surratt, who was accused of conspiring to assassinate President Abraham Lincoln in 1865, comments on the politica ... ...
CNN - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal will deliver biting criticism to President Barack Obama for recent controversies surrounding his administration in a speech Saturday to Virginia Republicans as they nominate GOP candidate Ken Cuccinelli in the state's gubernatorial race. According to Jindal's prepared remarks provided to CNN, the Republican governor will address the IRS' extra ...
BAYOU CORNE,LA (NBC33) - People living in Bayou Corne have had enough of waiting to be bought out. They say Texas Brine is wasting time and not giving any one an offer. "Texas Brine playing a game of we'll frustrate you. We will promise you things. We'll disappoint you," Nick Romero, Bayou Corne resident, described. Texas Brine crews have appraised homes in the area, but ...
PRAIRIEVILLE, LA (NBC33) - Kids with special needs got a chance to be care free for the day in Prairieville. "They feel special and included and amazing and they just they deserve it. They love it," Shannon Woodside, mother of three special needs kids, described. It's part of farm day 2013. the goal mix kids with and without disabilities. Kids got to have fun and raise ...
LOUISIANA STATE POLICE - Colonel Mike Edmonson traveled to Tennessee Saturday at the invitation of Madison County Sheriff David Woolfork to attend the 25th Annual Sheriff Buford Pusser Festival Law Enforcement Memorial and Awards Ceremony. Based on the nomination by Sheriff Woolfork, Edmonson will be presented with the Buford Pusser National Law Enforcement Award. The Buford Pusser National ...
Courtesy: Louisiana State Police Col. Edmonson with Sheriff Pusser's Daughter (Courtesy: Louisiana State Police) Courtesy: Louisiana State Police Courtesy: Louisiana State ...
They said it
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Sweet Home Hotel
It is not often we review a hotel of this size, or of this budget range, so it was a ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Baton Rouge PostBaton Rouge Post – Covers Local Baton Rouge News & Louisiana
The Baton Rouge Post is essentially a local Baton Rouge newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baton Rouge, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baton Rouge Post.
Gunmen fired shots during an informal Mother's Day afternoon parade in New Orleans in Louisiana state injuring 19 people, two of them children, according to police.
The wounded in Sunday afternoon's shooting in the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana, governed by Indian-American Bobby Jindal, included 10 men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10.
Local Nola.com citing police said both the 10-year-old victims had graze wounds to the body and were in good condition. A man and a woman were reported to be in surgery Sunday evening.
Immediately after the shooting on Frenchmen Street police reported seeing three suspects running from the scene.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the three gunmen likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, Serpas said.
Many of the victims were grazed, some by bullets that ricocheted. "At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life-threatening," Nola.com cited spokesperson Remi Braden as saying in an email.
"But all medical conditions are not known at this time as victims were rushed to nearby hospitals," Braden said. ...
- Woman survives I-59 car crash
- Players hopeful luck strikes twice at West Mestairie store
- Powerball mania Jackpot hits $600 million
- Citizens worry over new FEMA Flood Maps
- Canadian Press NewsAlert Oxbow wins the Preakness Stakes
- Warner may face strict CA action for Twitter outburst
- Weepy Becks ends glittering career with PSG win
- Top Pakistani Politician Gunned Down in Karachi
- Cricket Australia investigating Warners twitter rant
- Spot-fixing row N.Srinivasan calls the spot-fixers as dirty cricketers
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- Rooney Mara to endorse Calvin Klein perfume
- Obama Turns Focus on Middle-Class Jobs
- Mariah Careys rep slams American Idol lip-synching rumors
- US First Lady laments culture of African Americans aspiring to be baller or rapper
- Missile launched from North Korea
- Iraq seeing more violence
- Mobile phones can be tracked says US judge
- Sex assaults convince top general to take action
- Multi-million dollar cigarette smuggling ring with terror links busted
- Afghan Lawmakers Block Womens Rights Law
- Pak judge appeals for online submissions from Indian nationals on Sarabjit case
- CBI to move Supreme Court next week to seek removal of tainted officer LeadCBI
- Supreme Court says will not interfere in functioning of GoM on CBI autonomy
- Former Bihar MP Pappu Yadav acquitted in Sarkar murder case
- Taylor Swifts fan arrested for trespassing
- X Factors Tate Stevens Faced Avalanche of Success
- Performers Announced for CMT Music Awards
- Dixie Chicks Singer Doesnt Like Country Music Recap
- Lady Antebellums Golden Cops Top Album Niche
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baton Rouge Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Man pleads for help on hood of truck in Baton Rouge
- Winning numbers for largest Powerball jackpot are ...
- Powerball winning numbers 22 10 13 14 52 and P11
- Off-duty Lafayette Police officer killed in motorcycle crash
- 12-year-old charged for shooting brother