drunk GRAY, La. - State police say a 24-year-old Raceland woman has died from injuries she suffered in a head-on collision April 27 with a driver troopers allege was drunk. Jeneva Billiot died over the weekend at University Hospital in New Orleans, where she was taken after the crash. Troopers say 31-year-old Brandon Cheramie, of Galliano, was southbound on La. Highway 1 around 10 p.m. when ...
Baton Rouge, La - LSU men’s basketball assistant coach Robert Kirby submitted his resignation to the LSU Athletics Department late Monday. He has been named Tuesday an assistant coach at the University of Memphis. Kirby served one year at LSU under Head Coach Johnny Jones and the veteran coach will be returning to his hometown for his next job. "I totally enjoyed my year here at ...
BATON ROUGE, LA (NBC33) - Tibetan monks are staying here in Baton Rouge in preparation for the Dalai Lama's birthday on Friday. This is the first time these monks have visited the Capital City. They are staying at the Tam Bao Meditation Center off of Florida Boulevard for the remainder of the week. They will be constructing a mandala, which is a sand painting that symbolizes ...
Galliano, La - A Raceland woman died over the weekend from injuries she sustained in a crash on the evening of April 27, when the vehicle she was riding in struck another vehicle head-on. The investigation revealed that a 2004 Jeep Laredo was traveling south on LA 1 in Galliano, LA, shortly before 10:00 p.m. The Laredo was being driven by Brandon Cheramie, 31, of Galliano. A 2001 Buick LeSabre ...
The tornado, with winds up to 200 mph, cut a 20-mile stretch as wide as two miles through the Oklahoma City metro area. The medical examiner's office reported 24 people died, including nine ...
88.9°F Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the SW at 5.0 MPH Gusting to 16.0 MPH
"Tumbleweeds" is about the texture and uneven rhythm of life, chronicling the desperate plight of a single mother named Mary Jo, who is caught in an endless cycle of bad boyfriends, and how she and her daughter, Ava, her precocious and increasingly frustrated adolescent daughter, survive a migratory life of moving from town to town, destructive relationship to destructive relationship. ...
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - For the next couple of weeks, officers from more than 130 agencies will be conducting overtime patrols and checkpoints in Louisiana, as Operation Click It or Ticket kicks off. In a news conference Tuesday morning, Louisiana State Police demonstrated how a flipping vehicle can toss out a driver who is not buckled up. A survey last year showed nearly 80 percent ...
BATON ROUGE – LSU men's basketball coach Robert Kirby is leaving one Tiger program for another one. Kirby has joined the University of Memphis staff as an assistant coach. The Memphis native returns home after one year with LSU and head coach Johnny Jones. "I totally enjoyed my year here at LSU," Kirby said. "It was very educational as well as enjoyable with the ...
BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - It was a busy morning for lawmakers at the Louisiana Capitol as they consider several timely and sensitive issues. A House bill is being considered in a Senate judiciary committee that would address the liability status of volunteer firefighters in Louisiana. Current law removes liability from them when responding to fire ...
suren KENNER - Police say an intoxicated mom left her 3-month-old daughter inside of a parked sport utility vehicle while she socialized at a Kenner bar. Kenner Police tells The Times-Picayune that the infant was strapped into a baby carrier inside the vehicle -- with the keys in the ignition and the engine running -- for about an hour. A witness alerted police after noticing a baby alone ...
wreck BATON ROUGE - Family members tell News 2 an 11-year-old boy is still in critical condition after he stepped into traffic and was hit by a truck this weekend. Michael Ester's father said his son is still in intensive care, and doctors are waiting for swelling in his brain to go down before doing anything else. Ester suffered a broken neck and pelvis when he was hit by an oncoming ...
They said it
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Baton Rouge PostBaton Rouge Post – Covers Local Baton Rouge News & Louisiana
The Baton Rouge Post is essentially a local Baton Rouge newspaper, but with a national and international perspective, designed to provide readers with a one-stop shop for Baton Rouge, national US, regional, and world news coverage, weather and sports information, with live updates on breaking business stories, and what's happening in the financial markets.
The biggest advantage we have is that we are an online newspaper, which means we are constantly refreshing our stories as more and more information comes to hand. Often when a story breaks the initial details are sketchy.
We and our sources around the world work hard to gather more information, verify facts, and provide a perspective of the major stories. Expert opinion often accompanies our articles to better inform readers, and provide a more complete understanding
of the news we deliver.
Financial markets and business reports are regular features as we pin down what's happening, and constantly refresh stock market indice readings, dollar currency rates, and breaking business news reports. Our world sports coverage is a priority, as is our regional news.
We like to think if you're looking for breaking news out of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the United States, or the world, you'll look for it first at the Baton Rouge Post.
Gunmen fired shots during an informal Mother's Day afternoon parade in New Orleans in Louisiana state injuring 19 people, two of them children, according to police.
The wounded in Sunday afternoon's shooting in the largest city and metropolitan area in the state of Louisiana, governed by Indian-American Bobby Jindal, included 10 men and seven women as well as a boy and a girl, both 10.
Local Nola.com citing police said both the 10-year-old victims had graze wounds to the body and were in good condition. A man and a woman were reported to be in surgery Sunday evening.
Immediately after the shooting on Frenchmen Street police reported seeing three suspects running from the scene.
Police Superintendent Ronal Serpas said the three gunmen likely worked together, and at least two different weapons were used. One of the suspects is described as a man between 18 and 22 years old with short hair and wearing a white shirt and blue jeans, Serpas said.
Many of the victims were grazed, some by bullets that ricocheted. "At this point, there are no fatalities, and most of the wounds are not life-threatening," Nola.com cited spokesperson Remi Braden as saying in an email.
"But all medical conditions are not known at this time as victims were rushed to nearby hospitals," Braden said. ...
- Police 17-year-old bicyclist killed Monday in St. Bernard Parish
- LPSO Deputy shoots man who attacks him after domestically abusing woman
- Police Intoxicated mom left baby in vehicle to go to bar
- Unrestrained 10-year-old girl killed in Monday Tangipahoa Parish crash
- 1 accused in Garden District rape asks that trio be tried separately
- Enhanced contract payments for Australian cricket eves
- 2018 World Cup infrastructure inadequate
- China to host maiden Royal Trophy golf meet
- Hyundai Motor commences Trophy Tour for ICC Champions Trophy 2013
- Sven-Goran Eriksson to reveal sexy secrets in tell-all book
- Moscow safer than New York Russian minister
- Shocking lawsuit claims NY high schools admissions policy racially biased
- US charges three NYU researchers for taking bribes from Chinese company
- US senators approve immigration changes requiring fingerprint system at 30 airports
- Obama admin to hand over some CIA drone operations to Pentagon
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Over 60 killed in Iraq terror attacks
- 23 militants of Hezbollah group killed in clash with Syrian rebels
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- Delhi HC judge releases Hindi version of book on Legal Language Legal Vocabulary and Legal Writing at Amity
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- Khloe Kardashians clothing line yanks t-shirt for violating copyright law
- Spot fixing Supreme Court refuses to ban IPL matches
- Chely Wright Gives Birth to Twin Boys
- Wynonna Judd Returns to Dancing With The Stars Finale Tonight
- Additional CMT Music Awards Performers Revealed
- Darius Rucker Making True Believers with Country Music
- Toby Keith says Okla. hometown is resilient
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Baton Rouge Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Raceland woman dies after car crash
- LSU assistant mens basketball coach resigns accepts position at Memphis
- Tibetan monks visit Capital City for first time prepare for Dalai Lamas birthday celebration
- Passenger dies from injuries sustained in April head-on collision
- Baton Rouge Red Cross volunteers head to Oklahoma